Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 12 June 2013

After a long vacation – I am reunited with my True Love!


Two years ago, I left my work in Accenture to come and join my husband in Malaysia.  I was a plain housewife for 2 months; I had no laptop and notebook in my hands; just pots, pans and dust bins to prepare everything for the two of us.  

I was busy with the entire house hold and I enjoyed it a lot.  With that experience I learned to appreciate how hard it is to be a housewife.  I can imagine how doubly hard it would be to have kids running around.

After two months, I was lucky to be called by EPS Ventures to become a Recruitment and Business Development Consultant and everything else was history.  I met new friends and experienced how it is to deal with foreign nationals.  One thing for sure that struck me was that they were very straight forward and does not focus on the mistake but to the solution (just my two cents).

I go to the office before 9am and strictly go back by 5:30pm. Literally an 8 hour job and all work related things stayed in the office.  When I hit our condo, it’s all about self, family, friends and a whole lot of fun.  This is the main reason that I called my stay in Malaysia my LONG Vacation.

If you have been reading my entries, you would know that the reason I came to Malaysia was to follow my husband.  Priorities change overtime, if you “have been there done that” then you will know what I mean.   Although we are enjoying our stay in MY, my husband and I have both agreed that we will not stay long in Malaysia; we will just test waters and experience how it is to be alone in a foreign land. Therefore, when I got the opportunity to work back here in the Philippines, I immediately grabbed it.

The opportunity was introduced by my good friend, Anna.  She introduced me to Ms. Myra and everything went smoothly.   Even if I was a rehire, I still underwent the same Recruitment Process that all new joiners should pass and it felt like I was in my early twenties again.  I had to complete two sets of interviews, pre-employment requirements submission, pre-employment medical examination, new joiner orientation and the works.  I felt new even if I was reunited with my first love.

My realizations:
Accenture is still Accenture, it is the same company that I loved and respected but a lot has changed in terms of process improvement and I am very pleased to have experienced it as a new joiner.  

To sight a few: 



A lot of improvements have taken place and I cannot elaborate all of them.  The best way to appreciate them is to experience these improvements for yourself.  I consider myself lucky to have experienced it and to again say that Accenture is a great place to work.

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wow...nice to hear that you are back in the Phil. and yeah I know what you mean by "been there done that" haha.... also twas good knowing a lot if things have changed and for the better. that is accenture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Accenture,KL! :)

    ReplyDelete