Start of something new

Sharing of interests, stories of where I've been and what I did. Insights, thoughts, learning that may be applicable and helpful to anybody in this world!

Wednesday 19 June 2013

A Decade is long, three decades is DEFINITELY a milestone!

When I came back to the Philippines I haven’t got the chance to go back to Laguna (San Pablo City) yet because of the things that I need to complete prior to my start date.

However, I already planned to go back to Laguna (San Pablo City) for my parents “Lab Lab” Day – which was June 15th.

More than one week before June 15th, Mama and I were already planning to have a small gathering to celebrate the event and also to celebrate “Papa’s Day”. 

We opted to celebrate these two special occasions at Bato Springs.  If you are not from around Laguna then you will definitely appreciate the beauty of Bato Springs – it would be the perfect place for you to relax and have a little discussion with Mother Nature.  

If you are used to a polluted area where the atmosphere is very hot and humid, then this place is the best for you because it will give the cool breeze and cold water that you are longing for.  Bato Springs is located at the border of Laguna and Quezon at the foot of Mount Banahaw, it is about 2 hour drive from Manila and around 30 minutes away from San Pablo City Proper.

We planned to have a simple gathering and to prepare the food for ourselves. 
These were all simple dishes but preparing it together makes it even more special. :)






I really do not intend to swim but since it was very hot and I felt sweaty and all because of the things that I did then I decided to take a quick dip.



Oh boy, can you imagine a 23 degrees water coming from your fridge? That is how cold the water was! Really!!

When I started to walk, nangangatog talaga ako sa lamig, super lamig talaga! But of course it was all part of the experience.




Maybe it was more than 10 years ago since the last time I went to this place and thus for me it was just my first time.

I couldn't stand the cold water and so after 30 minutes I went back to our cottage! I felt I had brain freeze and then I had headache afterwards! Awwee!

At around 4pm, we started to pack up everything and then by 5:30pm we went back already.

It was just a one day activity but it felt like 2 days for me.  It was a lot of fun and a lot of catching up with my family. :)

Laine's (Gboys GF) family was also there and it was more fun to be with them!



My wish for that very special day was for Papa and Mama to continue to love one another as they see us grow and love them deeper!!

To always take each day as fun as possible and to always cherish the moments that we are together! 

Details about Bato Springs:

You can visit their FB Page for more reservation information.

Reservations:
• First come, first served basis on huts and tables.
• Reservations will be accepted only for huts with attic, private rooms, pavilion and big groups.
• Reservation is confirmed upon 50% down payment of the above.
• A reservation cancelled shall be charged 20% of the rent of the facility/ies reserved. A reservation not cancelled (no show), as a rule, is deemed forfeited.Note: The foregoing rates are subject to change without prior notice.
How to get there:

If you’re bringing a car
• Coming from Manila, take South Expressway to Calamba Exit
• Just take the Road bound to Lucena Quezon, after passing San Pablo City look for a Meralco Station on your left.
• The next intersection has a sign leading you to Bato Springs take left, this road is bound to Dolores, Quezon.
• Look for the “Bato Springs” sign on your left, you can see it around 10 minutes from the intersection.
• Take the road leading the Bato Springs.

If you’re taking a bus
• You can take a bus at Cubao or Taft ave. terminal (JAM or JAC Liner) bound to Lucena, Quezon, the fare is less than 130pesos for an air-conditioned bus.
• You can drop off by San Pablo City, Laguna or the intersection bound to Dolores, Quezon
• From there, take a Tricycle to Bato Springs.

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment